London Bridge in England

London Bridge in England
Emilie at the London Bridge 2010
Welcome to Around the World with Emilie. This is a blog about my travels. I'll be starting out with my mission trip to India. However I have been to several countries. They include: Kazakhstan (2000), England (2001 & 2010), France (2001), Germany (2001), Holland (2001), Austria (2001), Sweden (2001), Switzerland (2001), Italy (2001), Vatican City (2001), Belgium (2001), Mexico (2004 and 2006), and Canada (2009), India(2011).

Friday, January 7, 2011

Amazed, Blessed, and Honored!

When I found out about India, I just knew I was supposed to go. I can't explain exactly why I have been so confident, but I am. I knew that God owned the whole world and could afford to send me to serve Him in another country. I knew that I was willing to go, especially for what we will be doing. And I knew that I was able to go because I already had the time off and my body is functioning well. There have been only a few things that I have been this confident about in my life. 1. That Jesus is the Messiah and has died to save me from my sins, and rose again to bring me into relationship with my Heavenly Father. 2. That I would move back to MN after moving to IA when I was 5 years old. 3. That I would teach inner-city kids in St Paul living skills. None of these (OK the first one is a little different, but the other two fit this statement) I can explain other than an overwhelming peace and confidence that leaves my entire being at ease. This is how going to India has been for me.

I am amazed at the generosity of God's people and how quickly people are responding to this need. Today I received two more checks for financial support. With these two checks I have become $288 shy of reaching the financial goal for the entire trip! I haven't even had my first goal meeting yet!

I feel blessed by God because I am playing a part in his will and I have no idea what is in store, but I am excited to be a part of it. This process, although short, has really made me think of the things that I struggle to have confidence in. God is showing me how faithful he is when you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and believing that he will do it. And he is!!! I praise him for the provision and the lessons that have come with it. This is challenging me to continually work on finding confidence in him in every area of my life. Interestingly enough I have found more peace in those areas and joy even when all else seems hopeless. When tempted to believe lies, I am quickly reminded of God's faithfulness and control in everything. The worry leaves and I move on. Truly a huge step in the right direction for me. And a long time coming.

I am honored to be a part of this once in a life time opportunity! I desire others to be able to do this as well. There are people I know on my team that are struggling to raise support. The first goal is due this Sunday (Jan 9 th) and they may not be able to go because of it. God may not want them to go and I respect that, but I am going to do everything that I can to help these people out. I desire for people to continue to give so that the abundance I am able to raise can spill over into those who do not have as much support.

I am asking that you prayerfully consider helping these people out. If you do want to be a part of this you can still send the checks to me, made out to GRACE CHURCH and on the slip of paper I gave you you can make a statement that says you want to help the other team members. I would love for those people in need of support to know where their funds came from. If not, the overflow will spill into the overall India trip to where it is needed. Thank you all for being a part of this! I couldn't do it without your support both prayerfully and financially!!

No comments:

Post a Comment